This strawberry banana bread is bursting with fresh berries and sweet bananas. It is moist and keeps well.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle. Grease and flour a glass 8×5″ loaf pan.
- In a bowl, gently toss strawberries with the granulated sugar, coating all strawberries with sugar. Let sit.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs until slightly foamy. Add vanilla, brown sugar, and melted butter (not too hot.) Add in the macerated strawberries and mashed bananas.
- Using rubber spatula, gently fold flour mixture into the egg/butter mixture, just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake about 1 hour to 1.5 hours, or until toothpick in center comes out almost clean, with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let bread cool completely in pan on wire rack prior to slicing. Overnight works best.
For extra tips on buying and baking with strawberries, see original article.
If desired, you can use a combination of whole wheat and regular flour (up to half of each) or try white-whole-wheat flour.
Bread can be frozen airtight for several weeks.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
Keywords: Strawberry banana bread, Strawberry bread