These sweet little hand pies are perfect for making into any shapes to suit the occasion, year round! The crust is amazingly flaky, buttery, and tender yet crisp. The filling tastes like a little bite of strawberry cheesecake!
- * The amounts are flexible, as it depends on how big your hand pies are!
- 1 recipe for double pie crust (*See link in post or below)
- 1 tub Philadelphia strawberry cream cheese
- 1 jar pure strawberry preserves
- granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten, for egg wash
- coarse sugar for garnish
- Roll out half of the chilled pie dough to 1/8 in thick, on a lightly floured surface. (keep other half in the fridge while you work.)
- Using cookie cutter, cut out desired shapes. Alternatively, use a knife to cut dough into squares or rectangles. Continue re-rolling dough scraps until first half of the dough is used up.
- Spoon desired amount of strawberry cream cheese onto bottom crust of hand pies. Spoon desired amount of strawberry preserves on top of cream cheese. Keep in mind that the more filling you put, the harder it may be to keep it from leaking out when sealing! Sprinkle tops of filling generously with sugar.
- Place top crusts on hand pies, and take care to seal them tightly. Use a fork to press down hard on edges, to finish the seal.
- Using a sharp knife, cut little slits over the tops of hand pies. Brush each pie with beaten egg, and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Gently place pies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining half of pie dough.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes, or just until tops are golden brown.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Category: dessert, breakfast