This Strawberry Chocolate Baked Oatmeal is your one-stop shop for a hearty, healthy, and yummy breakfast any day of the week! Can be made ahead of time, too.
- 2½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp table salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 TB applesauce
- 1 TB pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F with rack on middle position. Grease inside of an 8×8 baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oats, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, maple syrup, egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract until well combined. Gently stir the oat mixture with the milk mixture until incorporated. Stir in half of the chocolate chips. Pour mixture into greased baking pan. Scatter the berries and remaining chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean (I bake mine for 38 minutes, but each oven is different.) Let cool at room temp for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temp, with additional maple syrup, if desired.
- If you bake this up the night before, cover and let cool at room temp overnight. Reheat in oven or toaster oven the next morning.
- This recipe as written results in a tender, deliciously moist baked oatmeal that cuts easily into squares. If you prefer a drier, crispier, crumbly texture, use ½ cup less milk.
- Category: breakfast, brunch