STRAWBERRY ICEBOX CAKE (NO BAKE)
- 2 lbs fresh, sweet strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 oz graham crackers (about 24–28 whole crackers or 4 sleeves)
- Simple ganache:
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large metal bowl, combine 3 cups heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Place entire bowl, plus beaters of electric mixer, into fridge for 10 minutes to chill. On medium-high, beat heavy cream mixture until stiff peaks appear.
- Spread a thin layer of the whipped cream on bottom of a 9×13″ baking pan. Lay six graham crackers down evenly. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream over the graham crackers, followed by a single layer of closely-placed strawberries. Repeat layers (graham crackers, whipped cream, strawberries) 3 more times. You will have 4 layers total of graham crackers when finished. Spread the remaining whipped cream over the top of entire dessert, and add rest of strawberries for garnish.
- Heat 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Once it bubbles, turn off the heat. Add chocolate and let stand for 3 minutes. Whisk mixture until it’s thick and glossy. Let it cool to lukewarm and drizzle ganache over dessert (I use a plastic baggie with tiny bit of tip cut off.)
- Cover loosely with tented foil and chill in fridge overnight, for crackers to soften. Keep cold until ready to serve.
- Category: dessert