This Stuffed Avocado Shrimp Salad is a popular Peruvian dish known as Palta Rellena. It’s so easy to make, fresh, tasty, and healthy. Every bite just makes you hungry for more. And the sauce is simply amazing.
- For the Salad:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shrimp, cut in half
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 3 avocados, semi-soft
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For the Dressing:
- 6 TB mayo
- 2 TB minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Make the Dressing: In a small container, mix the dressing ingredients well. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, olives, salt, and pepper. If making ahead of time, cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, slice avocados in half and remove seed carefully. If desired, slice a bit off the bottom halves so that avocados can stand without tipping over. Fill each avocado half with shrimp salad. Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.
- Category: salad, appetizer