This sun-dried tomato hummus is creamy, rich, and healthy! The flavors are fantastic. Perfect with pita chips, pita bread, or as a sandwich spread. This one will go fast at parties!
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, drained (reserve the liquid)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained (reserve oil)
- 1/4 cup tahini (thick sesame paste)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice
- 2 TB oil from the sun dried tomatoes
- 1 TB dried basil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp cayenne, plus more to taste
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Puree until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add some of the liquid from the can of white beans, if additional liquid is needed to reach desired consistency. Add a bit more kosher salt or cayenne to taste, if needed.