Transform your leftover sweet potato casserole, streusel and all, into this YUMMY sweet potato bread! If no leftover casserole is around, use freshly mashed sweet potatoes. Either way, you’re going to love this moist, dense quick bread!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (plus 1/2 cup more, if using freshly mashed sweet potatoes)
- 2/3 cups orange juice
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups leftover sweet potato casserole OR freshly mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Prepared spice glaze (link below)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease two 9×5 loaf pans.
- In bowl of stand mixer, combine both sugars, orange juice, oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and sweet potatoes (include any streusel or topping if using leftover casserole) Mix on medium until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and remaining dry ingredients. Whisk to combine well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake 60-65 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few tender crumbs attached.
- Allow bread to cook completely in pan on wire rack before removing and slicing.
- *See link below for spice glaze.