This Sweet Potato Hummus is super easy and healthy! It’s perfect for parties during the holiday season or delicious guilt-free snacking all year round.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup pure tahini (sesame paste)
- 5 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: sesame seeds for garnish
- Do ahead: Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400F. Wrap sweet potatoes tightly in foil. Roast potatoes 1 to 1.5 hours, until easily pierced with fork. Carefully unwrap and allow to cool completely.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Process until hummus is smooth and creamy. If it’s too thick, add more olive oil to reach desired consistency. Add additional kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Transfer hummus to serving bowl and garnish with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve with pita chips, crackers, toasted baguette slices, or tortilla chips. Hummus keeps well in fridge, wrapped airtight, for up to a week.
- Category: appetizer, snack