These Sweet & Spicy Glazed Chicken Skewers are teeming with mouthwatering flavors. They’re perfect for any summer cookout; guaranteed to disappear fast!
- For the Glaze-Marinade:
- 1/3 cup + 2 TB pure honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup regular soy sauce
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 TB Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 TB coarse ground mustard (with seeds visible)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- For the Skewers:
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Oil for grill
- Optional: Freshly chopped cilantro or scallions for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together all glaze-marinade ingredients to combine well. Reserve 1/4 cup of mixture and set aside.
- Thoroughly dry chicken pieces with paper towels and pierce holes throughout with a fork. Add chicken to large bowl of marinade and toss to coat well. Cover and marinade in fridge 2-3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, thread chicken onto desired amount of skewers (exact amount varies, depending on how many pieces of chicken you thread per skewer and how long your skewers are.) Save used marinade and briefly boil it for drizzling over the skewers at the end.
- Oil the grill and preheat over medium. Baste skewers throughout cook time, using the 1/4 cup reserved marinade-glaze; about 2-3 min/side or until just cooked through and nice grill marks appear. Plate the skewers and drizzle with the boiled marinade. Garnish with herbs as desired and serve immediately.