When you’ve got a hankering for chocolate, but want a boost of healthy energy, you’ve got to give these Chocolate Oatmeal Bars a go. They are unbelievable. Be sure to keep these yummy bars covered and chilled until ready to serve.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pure honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (solid)
- 1 1/4 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (mini’s melt easier)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened or sweetened
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice (I use pecans or walnuts)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional: extra coconut for topping
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, add peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil. Stir constantly until just melted; take care that it doesn’t burn. Turn heat off.
- Add the chocolate and stir until just melted. Add oats, coconut, nuts, and vanilla. Continue to stir until fully incorporated.
- Grease a 9×13 pan. Pour chocolate mixture into the pan. Use rubber spatula to spread mixture out evenly into the corners and edges. If desired, sprinkle extra coconut evenly over the top. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight. Once it is hardened and set, cut into squares and serve chilled. Bars will melt if kept out too long, so keep them covered and chilled at all times.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: snack