With basic pantry ingredients, you can enjoy these fluffy soft Olive-Garden Style Breadsticks fresh out of your own oven.. Warm, buttery, garicky goodness is here.
For the Dough
- 1 package (.25 oz, or 2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (115 F)
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour, plus more if needed
- 2 TB butter, softened (not melted at all)
- 2 TB white sugar
- 1 TB table salt (fine, not coarse)
- 1 1/4 cups + 2 TB warm water
- any oil spray of your choice
For the Coating/Topping:
- 4 TB melted butter
- 1/2 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pinches of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinches of dried oregano (basil or Italian blend work, too)
- Sprinkle yeast into 1/4 cup warm (115 F) water. Let sit about 10 minutes, until foamy.
- Slowly add flour, butter, sugar, table salt, and warm water (1 1/4 cups + 2 TB).
- Mix until dough forms. Dough should be just a little bit sticky, but still able to easily form a ball (similar to Play-Doh, just slightly stickier.) If dough is too sticky, add a tablespoon of flour at a time until your dough reaches right consistency.
- Knead dough by hand on lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes, or until dough becomes smooth and soft. Roll dough into a 2-foot log. With sharp knife, cut into 16 even pieces. Keep pieces covered with clean cloth.
- Knead each piece slightly and shape into 7-inch long breadstick. Place breadsticks 2 inches apart on a large, parchment-lined baking sheet. Spray breadsticks with oil and cover with cloth. Let rise in draft-free, warm spot until size of dough has doubled — about 45 min to 1 hour.
- While dough is rising, prepare the topping and preheat oven to 400F, with rack on lower middle position. After rising, gently brush breadsticks with half of the melted butter and sprinkle evenly with kosher salt. Bake until lightly golden, about 13-14 minutes. Watch closely to prevent over browning.
- Brush hot breadsticks with remaining melted butter. Sprinkle evenly with garlic, parmesan, and oregano. Serve immediately.
To sub with instant dry yeast: use 2 teaspoons of instant yeast.
Prep time includes dough-rising time.
If you enjoyed this recipe, come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Olive Garden Breadsticks, Homemade Breadsticks, Homemade Bread