This Chili with Sriracha can be made in the slow cooker or in a heavy pot. Either way, the result is certain to be the BEST chili your friends have ever tasted! Don’t be afraid to make a big pot of this good stuff. Leftovers are incredible!
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Sriracha hot sauce (found in major grocery stores, in Asian aisle)
- 1 can (32 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp table salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (16 oz) black beans, drained
- 1 can (16 oz) can Italian diced tomatoes, with juices
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Shredded cheddar for garnish, if desired
- Brown the ground meat together with 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp kosher salt. Drain. Place all ingredients in a slow-cooker or a heavy pot. Stir well to combine all ingredients. If using a crock pot, cook on low 6-7 hours or on high about 4-5 hours. If using a heavy pot, bring to simmer and let simmer covered for 4 hours.
- Serve hot. Garnish with cheese, if desired.
- * Add more Sriracha, if you prefer a spicier chili!
- * Sometimes I add frozen sweet corn kernels to the mix!
- Category: dinner, main