This mixed berry ice cream is simple, easy, and refreshingly delicious!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen mixture of berries, stemmed (sliced, if needed)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- If you’re only using fresh strawberries, slice them and stir with 1/4 cup of the given sugar, allowing to sit and macerate for 2 hours. Other berries do not need macerating. If your mixed berries are frozen, it’s best to leave them frozen.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in heavy cream and vanilla, and whisk to combine well.
- Turn ice cream make on and pour milk/cream mixture in. Follow directions on your ice cream maker for churning; generally about 25-30 minutes.
- During last 5-10 minutes of churning, add the berries (including juices from macerating, if any.)
- Ice cream may be soft and need to firm up in freezer for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Category: dessert