These luscious dessert bars are the perfect way to enjoy a berry pie, in easy bar form.
- For the crust and topping:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- Zest of one large lemon
- 1 1/2 cups salted butter, cold
- For the filling:
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Juice of one large lemon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 30 oz any mixture of fresh blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously grease a 9×13 pan along bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In bowl of a food processor, lightly pulse together the flour, sugar, and lemon zest just until blended. Cut cold butter into slices and add to bowl. With a few short pulses, cut the butter into flour mixture just until mixture is crumbly. Small bits of butter remaining is fine. (Alternatively, you can use a pastry cutter if you don’t have a food processor.) Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the flour/butter mixture for the topping. Pour the rest of the mixture into bottom of prepared baking pan. Press firmly for an even layer of crust on bottom of pan. (It’s easy to press evenly with the flat bottom of a water glass or ramekin.) Bake crust about 15 minutes or until golden. Remove baked crust from oven, but keep oven on.
- Combine eggs, sugar, Greek yogurt, flour, salt, lemon juice, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Carefully fold in the berries with rubber spatula. Gently spread filling over the baked crust. Sprinkle reserved topping over the filling, to make an even layer of crumble topping.
- Bake about 75 min to 90 min or until topping turns golden and bars are set. Cool completely at room temp before putting in fridge to chill. Chill several hours or overnight. Cut and serve cold.