This Vietnamese Style Rice Salad is refreshingly delicious and can easily be made ahead of time. Fresh herbs and bright flavors make this rice salad ideal for summer parties or weekday prep-ahead lunches.
- 3 cups cooked Jasmine rice, cooled to room temp
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly rough-chopped basil leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly rough-chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly rough-chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 TB red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1–2 tsp Asian fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup honey roasted almonds, chopped or sliced
- In a large serving bowl, add 1 TB olive oil to cooked Jasmine rice and fluff well.
- In a separate bowl, combine basil, mint, cilantro, onion, lime juice, fish sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine well. Use rubber spatula to scrape mixture into the bowl of Jasmine rice. Gently fold together until rice is evenly coated with herb mixture.
- If possible, allow covered rice salad to rest at moderate room temp for an hour or two before serving, to give flavors time to meld. Serve with a sprinkling of the honey roasted almonds on top.
Initially, rice salad may taste a bit salty or sour from lime juice, but given an hour or two of rest time, the flavors become milder and soften nicely.
Store leftovers covered and chilled. Can be eaten chilled or at room temp.
If you need dish to be gluten-free, be sure to buy gluten-free fish sauce.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: salad, side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian American
Keywords: Vietnamese Rice Salad, Vietnamese Side Dish, Asian Rice Salad