- Crush pistachios into a texture similar to coarse ground/finely chopped nuts. Use blender, or place nuts in a large plastic Ziploc bag and use flat side of meat tenderizer to quickly pound nuts. Crushed nuts can be kept in airtight container for several days ahead of time.
– Arrange rack to middle position in oven. Preheat oven to 375F. Lay foil down on a rimmed baking sheet.
– Cut salmon fillet into desired amount of even pieces (alternatively, you can leave the salmon whole.) Use paper towels to soak up excess moisture off all sides of salmon. Place salmon skin side down on baking sheet.
– In a bowl, combine lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Use hand whisk to incorporate well. Brush mixture evenly onto top of salmon fillets.
– Combine olive oil with crusted pistachios, mixing to coat well. Press mixture and firmly evenly on top of salmon fillets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, depending on thickness of the pieces. If desired, you can remove thinner fillets earlier and keep warm while thicker pieces finish cooking.
– Let cooked salmon sit at room temp for 5 minutes – this helps your fish to finish cooking while it cools a bit, as well as retain moisture.