These Weeknight Taco Pockets have all the goodness of your favorite tacos, but wrapped up into a hand-held pie. Super easy for busy weeknights and loads of fun for adults and kids alike. Best when eaten fresh out of the oven when the cheese is melty and crust is crispy.
- 1/2 oz homemade (or store bought) taco seasoning
- 1 cup homemade (or store bought) salsa
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 can (8 biscuits) regular refrigerated biscuits (not flaky or buttermilk)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-jack cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Optional Extras: Guacamole, sour cream, extra salsa, and tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375F, with rack on middle position.
- In a large nonstick pan, mix together the taco seasoning, salsa, and ground beef. Cook mixture over medium heat until cooked through. Turn off heat and set aside.
- On a large baking sheet lined with parchment or silicone baking mat, press 4 biscuits into 5-inch rounds. Spoon 1/3 cup beef mixture onto center of each, followed by 1 TB of cheese on top. Gently fold dough in half, fold over the edges, and seal tightly. Crimp with fork to ensure good seal. Use a small sharp knife to cut 3 slits on top of each taco pocket. Brush some egg on top and sides of each one, for an egg wash. Bake 12-14 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. While the first batch bakes, repeat with remaining 4 biscuits (bake only 4 biscuits per large baking sheet, as they will expand by quite a bit.)
- Serve immediately with extra salsa, guacamole, sour cream, or tortilla chips.