These muffins are bakery-style delicious! Slightly crispy edges, moist and tender throughout, and chock full of fresh berries.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 TB salted butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 TB baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- coarse sugar for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400F with rack on lower middle position. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla, butter, milk, and lemon zest until incorporated. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold together the wet and dry ingredients just until combined. A few little streaks of flour is fine. Gently fold in the white chocolate chips and raspberries. If some berries break apart, it is fine.
- Divide batter evenly between the lined muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with coarse sugar as desired.
- Bake 19-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out mostly clean. A few tender crumbs attached is good.
- Let muffins cool completely to room temp.
- Melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips in microwave at 30-second intervals until smooth and creamy. Drizzle over tops of cooled muffins. Muffins will keep 2-3 days at room temp in airtight container.
- Category: breakfast, brunch