This Yum-Yum Cake recipe is amazingly delicious and moist, without the need for any oil or butter. It’s a time-tested recipe that’s been handed down through generations.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups crushed pineapple with juices
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional 1-Ingredient Coconut Whipped Cream (dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Grease a 9x13x2 pan.
- In a large bowl, hand-whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar until well combined. Add eggs, pineapple with juices, and vanilla extract. Hand-whisk just until incorporated; do not over-mix.
- Use a rubber spatula to evenly distribute batter into the greased pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs attached; take care not to over bake. Let cool on a wire rack completely before serving. Cake keeps well wrapped airtight at moderate room temp. Can also be frozen airtight for up to several weeks.
We found this cake to be ultra moist and sweet enough as-is, without any need for icing or thick frosting. Instead, we opted to top it with a bit of coconut whipped cream, which is light and fluffy over this tropical style cake.
You can also use a loaf pan (as we did in these photos) in lieu of the 9×13. If using a 9×5 loaf pan, simply adjust bake time to about 50-60 minutes or just until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few tender crumbs attached.
Keywords: Yum-Yum Cake, Pineapple Cake, Dairy Free Cake