This post has been sponsored by HORMEL® Bacon Toppings. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The weather’s nippy, it’s November, and we’re all gearing up for busy weeks ahead with the holiday season. With all the upcoming holiday weekends, we’ve got something good on our minds: Brunch with a capital B.
We used to make Brunch with the kiddos every weekend possible, but somewhere along the way something called sports happened. In our case, it’s soccer and basketball and Boy Scouts. Plus all the other life things. So Brunch kinda went to the wayside.
But with the holidays fast approaching, we’re bringing back weekend mornings with a hot breakfast casserole. Not the kind of meal you’d have to wake up early and fuss over.
No, not that kind. More like the kind of hot breakfast casserole you make the night before and that lets you sleep in.
We’re all eyes on you, Bacon Egg Breakfast Casserole…
How to Make Bacon and Egg Breakfast Casserole:
How easy was that 👆🏼 right?!
You literally get to wake and bake.
All your peeps will come running to the kitchen for this hearty bacon egg breakfast casserole.
This scrumptious Bacon Egg Breakfast Casserole is way too easy not to throw into your regular AM routine.
We’re talking about a savory hot breakfast bake that’s:
- Loaded with melty cheese and Hormel® Real Bacon Pieces — 100% real, with 40% less fat than traditional pan fried bacon – get it in the salad dressings/toppings aisle of your local grocery store!
- Veggie’d up with bell peppers and onions
- Teeming with tender, soft potatoes
- Fully prepared the night before! 😃
So you stay in dreamland a little longer, wake up, and bake. Your house will smell amazing.
There couldn’t be an easier or more delish way to start your day during the busy holidays.
This Bacon Egg Breakfast Casserole is so delicious, it’ll easily earn a spot in your holiday entertaining repertoire.
You don’t even need to stand over the frying pan. Huzzah for Hormel® Real Bacon Pieces – check out all the Hormel bacon recipes and inspo – I can’t stop staring at the mouthwatering holiday and entertaining ideas!
This is an absolutely stress free dish for holiday brunches, gatherings, potlucks, and friends/family who stay overnight. It’s sure to satisfy all the bacon, egg, and potato lovers, without any of the usual hassle.
This dish has even become one of our favorite breakfast-for-dinner routines.
I gotta warn ya: my Littles, from school-age to teenage all devour this Bacon and Egg Breakfast Casserole like nobody’s business. That’s not including Hubby’s tendency to inhale triple servings.
All this to say, you might need to double your breakfast casserole if you’ve got some hungry peeps hanging around.
Here’s to bringing back weekend Brunch.
Bacon and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 16 oz plain refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers
- ½ cup real bacon pieces, I used a 2.8 oz jar of Hormel® Real Bacon Pieces, divided
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl, gently whisk together the eggs, evaporated milk, kosher salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder until well combined. Set aside.
- In a greased 8x8 baking dish, evenly spread the hash brown potatoes. Evenly sprinkle bell peppers on top. Layer with half of the bacon pieces, followed by half of the green onions. Spread shredded cheddar evenly on top, followed by remaining bacon and remaining green onions. Pour egg mixture over entire dish.
- Cover tightly and chill overnight (you can also bake right away if you're preparing the entire dish in the morning.)
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Let casserole sit at room temp while oven is preheating. Bake uncovered, 40-50 minute or until top is golden brown and puffy/set. Let rest at room temp 5-10 minutes before serving. Leftovers can be chilled and reheated nicely.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram