A friend and I decided today was going to be our Back to BodyPump Day. We did fine considering our lengthy hiatus; except somewhere between the overhead presses and lunges, I pulled my side neck. I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to turn my head to the right tomorrow morning.
After that, I made the mistake of thinking the roads were clear enough to run on; I slipped and slid about 57 times before finally scrambling back to my car. I would have fared better if I’d been in ice skates.
This afternoon, I sat for two hours barely breathing while my son’s middle school basketball team got painfully and steadily creamed at their first game of the season.
Then Bulldog, currently at the peak of adolescent rascal-ness, suddenly decided to body-slam me while madly barking during my phone call with the doctor’s office (really?!) He’s never done anything like that; sooo uncalled for. I have no idea what got into his water today, but his ridiculous episode reminded me of a toddler tantrum.
Really, though, I’m not complaining. Because if the night ends with a heaping hot bowl of zesty nacho chicken soup that took me only 30 minutes…. all’s good after all 😉
This 30-Minute Nacho Chicken Soup has everything going for it:
- Good, wholesome, hearty ingredients
- Bold, irresistible flavors (and gets better as leftovers)
- All the food groups in one big pot
- Only takes 30 minutes
We’re pretty confident that if you try it, you’ll like it. And everyone else will like you for making it.
Here’s to all the crazydays that end with piping hot bowls of comforting soup.
30-Minute Nacho Chicken Soup
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded with its juices (about 2-3 cups shredded chicken)
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 TB ground cumin
- 1 TB dried oregano
- 1 TB chili powder
- 2 15 oz each cans fire-roasted tomatoes, with all its juices
- 12 oz frozen sweet corn kernels
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 4 cups regular chicken broth
- 1 cup cheddar or pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Garnishes: avocado, cilantro, and nacho chips
- In a Dutch oven or large heavy stockpot, heat olive oil over medium high heat until shimmering. Add onion, cooking 2 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and stir 1 minute more. Add cumin, oregano, and chili powder, stirring 1 minute until mixture is well combined and fragrant. Add cans of fire-roasted tomatoes with all its juices, frozen corn, black beans, and the shredded chicken with all its juices. Stir to combine well. Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer 10-15 minutes or until warmed through. Add kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, if needed.
- Divide soup into individual serving bowls. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and garnish as desired (nacho chips are a favorite.)
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud