This Thanksgiving weekend has come and gone, and once again, we’re reminded of how quickly those precious moments fly by.
And though the official day for Giving Thanks is over, I am not done giving thanks.
I’m holding fast to my goal of counting. My blessings-list is growing steadily, and hopefully I’ll reach One Thousand Gifts, and more!
Can I add warm soup to that list? I already did…
This Chicken and Vegetable Tortellini Soup is just the type of warming meal we are grateful for when time is knocking at our door – and we gotta answer quick!
The air is chilly and snow is begging to stroll its way in, getting closer by the day (I’d be stoked with a late arrival.) Hot soup, please!
This is one of those hearty, warm, comforting meals that is minutes from stovetop to tabletop…
We love throwing together a huge potful of this flavorful chicken and vegetable tortellini soup, letting it fill dinner’s role for two nights. Leftovers are always appreciated, with a houseful of hungry boys and packed schedules.
Leftover roasted chicken or turkey can easily be used in this delicious recipe; it’s a perfect solution for any leftover poultry you may have sitting around.
We adore this soup with carrots and kale, but spinach or any of your favorite veggies would be great for this flexible recipe.
This chicken and vegetable tortellini soup is savory, hearty yet healthy, and perfect for a winter evening meal. It reminds me of our favorite from-scratch Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup, but with a fast ‘n tasty twist.
If you’re super busy, but still want a delicious weeknight meal, this tortellini soup has got you covered.
This chicken and vegetable tortellini soup is quick, delicious, and hearty yet healthy. Use up leftover roasted chicken or turkey for even faster results. Perfect for a busy fall/winter weeknight!
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless/skinless chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 48 oz chicken broth
- 6 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 TB oregano
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 19 oz frozen tortellini
- 1 small bunch fresh kale, washed and roughly cut up
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large, heavy pot, combine onions, garlic, and broth. Bring to a boil. Add carrots and celery, and return to a low boil. Cook uncovered at low boil for 30 minutes.
- Add oregano and diced tomatoes. Continue at low boil for 10 more minutes.
- Add frozen tortellini and kale, and bring to a boil. Watch carefully for tortellini to become tender, and taking care not to overcook. Once tortellini is cooked, add cooked/shredded chicken or turkey. Stir to combine well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here’s that Hearty Chicken/Turkey Noodle Soup (freeze all those poultry bones for awesome stock!)
Here’s another favorite quick weeknight meal: Mexican Chicken Stew – Can we say YUM?!
And here’s a flash back to our go-to Easy, Cheesy Baked Ravioli Casserole …great for delivering meals for others, too!