If you love chili and hearty soups that also happen to be super healthy, look no further.
Me personally…I’m not one for January resolutions, nor am I currently attempting to get on a New Year’s health kick…obviously witnessed by this ridiculously luscious Chocolate Mocha Cream Pie.
But we do enjoy a nice, hearty, big bowl of chili on a cold winter’s night.
We are a family who chows down on chili. My favorite, most delicious classic chili is this Chunky Chili with Turkey or Beef. People do tend to say, “That chili seriously rocks!” We agree. So fabulous with Sweet Cornbread Muffins.
My go-to Hearty White Chicken Chili is this Crock Pot one. It’s unbelievably easy, where several ingredients get dumped into a slow cooker, uncooked chicken and all. That’s right. Eaasyy and so tasty.
My newest easy-to-make chili adventure is this White Chicken Chili with Quinoa, happily shared here today…
This white chicken chili with quinoa is loaded with white-meat chicken, white beans, and chewy yet tender quinoa.
The quinoa gives this chili a heartiness that isn’t found with other chili recipes, and we feel great about devouring healthy grains in our big bowl of soup.
This white chicken chili is savory, well-seasoned, and has a little kick. The first time I made it, I actually made it a bit too kicky. How much heat you like in your chili is all up to you. I’ve written the recipe to have a milder heat level, but feel free to spice it up as you like!
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
White Chicken Chili with Quinoa
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 TB olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 28- oz good chicken broth
- 2- oz canned chopped green chilies, if you want it spicier, use 4 oz
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cans, 14.5 oz each great northern beans, drained
- 8 oz frozen sweet corn kernels
- 3 TB all purpose flour
- salt to taste
- optional: 1/2 tsp cayenne, if you like it spicier
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 semi-ripe avocado, cut into chunks right before serving, for garnish
- In a Dutch oven, over medium high heat, cook the chicken, onion, olive oil, and garlic together until chicken is slightly browned. Stir in the broth, green chilies, cumin, oregano, beans, and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer, and add flour, stirring until chili is thickened. Continue to simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Add cooked quinoa and remove from heat. Keep covered and let sit about 10 minutes. Add salt to taste, if needed.
- Serve warm with shredded cheese and avocados, if desired.
- * Note: If you prefer a spicier chili, add desired amount of cayenne powder. If you prefer less spice, omit or use less of the green chilies and leave out cayenne.
Source: Chew Out Loud, inspired by Taste of Home.
Here’s that Chunky, Hearty Chili everyone raves over:
My Crock-Pot White Chicken Chili recipe:
And those Sweet Corn Muffins, which are so tender ‘n moist, I can eat them for breakfast!