This 30-Minute White Bean Turkey Chili is ultra satisfying, quick, and perfect for busy weeknights. We love how comforting this chili is on cool evenings.
Dare I say it out loud? After a stunning and beautiful fall, we’re about to get it.
I only whispered it, so maybe it won’t actually come true. But my weather app doesn’t lie…like, 90% of the time it’s for real. In one teensy little day, we’re transitioning to 3 inches of powder and up to 40mph gusts. 😁
Now that that’s out of the way. (Minnesotans need to vent over our weather like every day between November and May in order to preserve sanity.)
Moving onto the happy stuff. And this is fist-pumping happy stuff. This 30-minute white bean turkey chili couldn’t walk in at a better time…
Go ahead and get the big stock pot out; not the medium or little ones. The big one. Your people will thank you as they slurp their big bowls of savory, hearty, warming chili.
We use lean ground turkey for this white bean turkey chili, since it’s budget friendly and easily accessible anytime. However, you can absolutely use up your leftover Thanksgiving turkey for this yummy stew.
This scrumptious chili gets kicked up with green chilies. It gets delicious tang from lime, and plenty of healthy protein from white beans and turkey. The flavors of this chili are fantastic, while keeping waist-friendly.
Here’s to serving up big bowls of warmth all winter long.
This 30-Minute White Bean Turkey Chili is easy, fast, and satisfying on any busy weeknight! We use ground turkey, but feel free to use up your holiday turkey in this easily adaptable recipe!
- 3 TB olive oil
- 1 lb lean (90-95%) ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (10 oz each) diced tomatoes with chilies, with juices
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) white beans, with juices
- 3 cups good quality chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- lime wedges to serve
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- kosher salt to taste
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat 3 TB oil over medium high heat until hot. Add turkey and 1/8 tsp kosher salt, stirring and breaking up the ground meat until cooked through. Don’t drain. Add onion, bell peppers, garlic, diced tomatoes with chilies and all the juices, cumin, and oregano. Stir often over medium high heat until onions are tender, 3-4 min.
- Stir in the white beans with juices and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Immediately reduce to medium heat and continue cooking and stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Add kosher salt to taste. Stir in cheese and serve with lime wedges and cilantro for garnish.
If you’d like a milder chili, use just 1 can of tomatoes with chilies and 1 can of tomatoes without chilies.
Source: Chew Out Loud
3 Cheers for Chili…