Creamy Caesar Salad Recipe
Hope you all had a safe and enjoyable holiday.
We spent heaps of time with family/friends, inhaling Caramel Corn, watching every Pixar movie, competing obsessively on Wii Sonic, and hitting the fresh powder that spilled down from the skies.
That was then. This is now. Now is when the blustering winds have unleashed all their fury and we’re way sub-zero. Lock the doors and stay in.
At least it’s back to school for The Littles tomorrow. The time flies. It’s surreal that this post is the very first one published in 2015.
If any dish deserves the spotlight, it’s positively this Creamy Caesar Salad…the best everrr…
Cheesy, Garlicky, and full of flavor
I’ve been friends with Caesar salad since high school, when I took my first bite of a really good homemade version.
We all know the dressing is king. It is the deal maker vs. breaker. Outstanding Caesar dressing has to be creamy, savory, garlicky, full of parmesan, and infused with anchovies.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to go face to face with anchovy chunks. We use anchovy paste, which has wonderful flavor. Plus, if you use the tubed kind, it measures easily and keeps fresh longer.
It’s better than anything store bought
This dressing… you just can’t buy stuff this good anywhere.
This Creamy Caesar Salad dressing is soooo tasty, it’s highly probably someone might pile a spoonful of dressing onto a small leaf of lettuce and call it Salad. And repeat.
This is a wildly awesome dressing; it is certain to ruin all other Caesar dressings for you, once you taste this. So be fairly warned that you’ll never be able to go back to bottled Caesar dressing after this.
Our favorite (and highly recommended) way to enjoy this Creamy Caesar Salad is to top it generously with freshly shaved parm and lots of homemade croutons.
Best Creamy Caesar Salad
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup real mayonnaise
- 2 tsp real anchovy paste
- 2 rounded TB grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 TB fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head fresh romaine lettuce, washed/dried, and torn
- ⅓ cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- 4 cups good croutons, homemade ones are the best
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, mayo, anchovy paste, grated parmesan, Worcestershire, mustard, and lemon juice. Whisk to combine well. Add kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Chill.
- When ready to serve, add torn lettuce into a large serving bowl. Drizzle desired amount of dressing and toss. Add shaved parmesan and toss gently. Top with croutons.
- Serve immediately.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Here are a few other totally delicious, crowd-pleasing salads:
- Chinese Chicken Salad. This is simply amazing. The dressing is a keeper; I make extra to keep in fridge every time.
- Pomegranate Salad with Pears and Blue. This isn’t for holidays only. As long as pomegranates are sold, we’re into this scrumptious salad. It’s packed full of flavor.
- Warm Chorizo Spinach Salad. If you want to twist up the boring old salad routine, this fits the bill perfectly. It’s delicious with a little bit of kick. Shockingly fantastic.
We’d love to have you follow us on Pinterest, where we pin the best finds!
Hang with us on Instagram for behind-the-scenes shots of the food we make and lots of inspiration.