22 Best BBQ and Grilling Recipes
For all the BBQ and grilling days ahead, here’s a special collection of our favorite time-tested, best BBQ and Grilling Recipes that are perfect for your summer cookout.
In This Article
Grilled Chicken Recipes
Whether marinated in zesty flavors or seasoned with a blend of herbs and spices, grilled chicken boasts a golden brown exterior that locks in its natural juices, resulting in a mouthwatering experience – there are no boring chicken dinners here.
- Grilled Chicken Thighs (with the Best Marinade)
This Hawaiian BBQ Grilled Chicken is inspired by the bright, lively flavors of Hawaii. Friends and family love this flavorful dish. One bite and you’ll be in grilling paradise.
- The Best Grilled Chicken Legs
Asian BBQ Grilled Chicken is a delightfully flavorful way to change up your usual grilled chicken. This juicy sauce is amazingly flavorful and super easy.
- Grilled Lemon Chicken
Grill up some Lemon Dijon Grilled Chicken before summer’s over. It’s a tasty and healthy dinner everyone will appreciate. Tender, flavorful, and fabulously easy for any night of the week.
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken (+The Best Teriyaki Sauce)
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken is easy, authentic, and big on flavor. The teriyaki sauce is like magic, and works wonders for any protein. This prep-ahead recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners as well as casual gatherings.
- Grilled Chicken Breast, Juicy and Tender
This grilled chicken breast recipe is a deliciously tender, juicy dish that’s sure to become a family favorite. Every bite is bursting with a blissful combination of garlic and lime.
- Huli Huli Chicken
If there’s one grilled chicken to try, it’s this Huli Huli Chicken. “Huli-huli” means “turn-turn” and traditionally well known as a Hawaiian-only food. But now the secret’s out – you can easily make this tender, mouthwatering chicken at home.
- Asian Chicken Skewers
These aren’t your everyday chicken skewers – they’re amped up in flavor, with this succulent marinade.
Grilled Pork and Beef Recipes
Whether it’s a tender steak sizzling on the grill or marinated pork chops searing to perfection, these meats have long been staples in the world of barbecue and grilling. Here are our favorites all season long.
- Grilled Pork Chops
Hawaiian Grilled Pork Chops are grilled to tender perfection and amazingly flavorful. Experience a flavor explosion in your mouth with every succulent bite. Either outdoor grill or indoor cast iron grill works great.
- Marinated Ribeye Steaks
If you’re looking for a change of pace, try these Garlic Marinated Ribeye Steaks. Big on flavor and melt-in-your-mouth tenderness…perfect grilling all summer long.
- Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops
These Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops are superbly tender, savory, tangy, with a touch of honey sweetness. It’s the perfect pork chops recipe for grilling season!
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Try this grilled pork tenderloin for your next cookout. Made with a peach BBQ marinade, it boasts sweet and spicy flavors and is perfect for grilling all summer long. Pairs well with potatoes, veggies, and more.
- Grilled Steak Tacos, Hawaiian Style
These Grilled Steak Tacos are hugely flavorful and a hit at every cookout. The marinated steak is tender and succulent. Pineapple salsa lends a sweet, refreshing vibe.
Burgers on the Grill
Whether it’s a backyard barbecue, a tailgate party, or a casual weeknight dinner, burgers on the grill symbolize community and pure fun. Get ready to sink your teeth into a juicy, flame-kissed burger experience that’s beyond the usual cheese-and-patty deal!
- Teriyaki Burgers Recipe
Elevate your burgers with our sweet, savory, juicy teriyaki sauce drizzled over your favorite fixings.
- Fried Egg Burger (with Roasted Garlic Mayo!)
These fried egg burgers are juicy, satisfying, and just so incredibly delicious! Amp up your burger game this season with these winning burgers.
- Mexican Cheeseburgers
Want to twist up the old burger routine this summer? Look no further. This recipe for Mexican Cheeseburgers is going to knock your taste buds off in the most mouthwatering way.
- Asian Burgers with Sriracha Mayo
If you’re looking to spice up your burger routine, look no further. These Asian Burgers with Sriracha Mayo are saucy and remarkably delicious.
Grilled Salmon and Shrimp
Whether you’re enjoying the vibrant colors of a salmon fillet or savoring the tender juiciness of grilled shrimp, these dishes effortlessly add some coastal flavors to your plate. So fire up the grill and bring on the seafood!
- Teriyaki Salmon + Best Teriyaki Sauce
This Grilled Teriyaki Salmon is out of this world delicious! It’s tender, flaky, and packed with awesome flavor. This is the BEST teriyaki sauce you’ll ever brush onto any grilled meat!
- 15-Minute Spicy, Buttery Asian Grilled Shrimp
If you’re a seafood fan, you’ll appreciate this tender and succulent Spicy, Buttery Asian Grilled Shrimp. It’s a 15-Minute type of meal that’s quick to make and even quicker to disappear.
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers
These Grilled Shrimp Skewers are succulent, tender, and quickly grilled to perfection. This healthy dish comes together within 10 minutes.
Grilled Vegetables and More
For those who love fruits, veggies, and salads, these grilled recipes are created for you! Round out that backyard cookout with these gorgeous options.
- Grilled Chicken Caprese Salad with Avocado
This Grilled Chicken Caprese Salad with Avocado is extra scrumptious with the best honey balsamic dressing you’ve ever tasted. Healthy, satisfying, and done in under 30 minutes!
- Grilled Zucchini
There’s truly no zucchini like the grilled zucchini! Your small effort will be hugely rewarded when you take a bite of this juicy, flavorful summer squash.
- Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken
This one is perfect for all the picnics, gatherings, and cookouts. Pesto pasta is irresistibly satisfying.
For more grilling goodness, see our BBQ Grilling Collection.
Video: Marinated Grilled Chicken
BBQ and Grill Recipes | Marinated Grilled Chicken
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- ½ cup soy sauce, or tamari sauce
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 5 TB apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB Asian sesame oil
- table salt
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, trimmed
- Optional garnishes: chopped green onions, cilantro, or parsley
- In a large bowl, whisk together the onion, garlic, ginger, pineapple juice, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, and Asian sesame oil. Whisk until sugar is dissolved and marinade is well incorporated.
- Use paper towels to thoroughly pat-dry the chicken pieces. Place chicken in a single layer on a cutting board, place a sheet of cling wrap over the chicken, and pound to an even thickness*. Throw out cling wrap. Use a fork to pierce chicken pieces throughout. Lightly sprinkle chicken thighs on both sides with table salt.
- Place chicken in bowl of marinade. Toss to completely coat chicken pieces with marinade. Cover and chill overnight, or up to 3 nights total. Be sure to turn chicken pieces over halfway through, if all pieces aren't completely immersed in marinade.
- Grease and preheat grill at medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade* and grill just until center is no longer pink, taking care not to over-cook. It may take about 6-8 min per side, but actual cook time varies.
- If chicken is already even in thickness throughout, there is no need to pound them.
- If you’d like to baste chicken with the marinade, bring marinade to a boil and make sure not to double-dip the basting brush if it comes into contact with raw meat; you can pour sauce a little at a time onto the meat, to be safe.
- The recommended 6-8 minutes per side of grilling is an estimate. Actual cook time varies, depending on thickness of meat, temperature of meat prior to cooking, and true temperature of grill.
- I like to make extra marinade to freeze for future use. Just be sure to place in a freezer proof container and lay cling wrap directly over the marinade to avoid freezer burn. It’s an easy way to have a delicious marinade at the ready!
- This dish is fantastic with Hawaiian Mac Salad!
- If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ❤️
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram