Crock Pot Buffalo Meatballs
Happy March, Everyone!🎈
Even if there are several feet of snow on the ground that have yet to undergo a [very] gradual melt off, at least we know the annual thaw is on the horizon – super big 👊🏼
March is often given a bad rap as the in-between month. It’s the 31-day month without any big holidays to celebrate unless Easter happens to occasionally land in it. Nobody gets off work for wearing green on St. Patty’s Day. It’s the in-between season of rain-snow-mud and generally mucky, soggy grounds. People start getting antsy for spring in March, but spring’s notorious for taking its own sweet time in arriving.
But me, I personally love March. It’s not just ‘cuz I’m an underdog rooter, though I’m definitely that.
My birthday’s in March, and hello, it’s when I get my free DQ Blizzard. It’s my brother’s birthday, my baby niece’s birthday, my favorite cousin’s birthday, and even The Bulldogge’s birthday. I’ve already bought a new toy for him to chew all up on his Big Day.
It’s also March Madness, which we’re kind of fanatical about around here. Not to mention National Meatball Day gets a shout out March 9th. Yeah, it’s a thing. If you can’t get enough meatballs then you definitely want to check out my ground sausage meatballs.
There’s really no other way to celebrate National Meatball Day except with the best Crock Pot meatballs that use only 4 ingredients…
The Secret is in the Sauce
The secret is all in the sauce with these tantalizing 4-Ingredient Crock Pot Buffalo Meatballs.
These Crock Pot meatballs are all about easy and fuss-free. You can choose between your favorite homemade meatball recipe or your fave brand of frozen meatballs. For game days and busy weeknights, I cheerfully opt for my favorite frozen meatballs.
The spicy, sweet, savory sauce is made up of just 3 little ingredients: Franks’ Red Hot sauce, pure honey, and salted butter. You know that trifecta has got to be a win-win-win.
The result of your barely there efforts will be luscious and mouthwatering.
Everyone will be going back for triples of these tender, savory, sweet, and kicky meatballs.
Tip: Offer some blue cheese crumbles on the side for those who really want the buffalo taste experience. And probably [definitely] some extra sauce because you really can’t have too much awesome sauce.
Need more ways to prepare meatballs? Try this best swedish meatballs recipe that’s perfect for meals and as an appetizer.
You might really like this recipe, too:
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
4-Ingredient Crock Pot Buffalo Meatballs
- ½ cup honey, pure
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce
- 4 TB butter, salted, melted
- 50 meatballs, frozen or homemade
- kosher salt, more hot sauce, crumbled blue cheese, to taste
- In a bowl, combine honey, hot sauce, and melted butter; stir to incorporate well and set aside.
- Bake meatballs according to package instructions on a foil-lined baking sheet until cooked through and browned. Drain grease.
- Place meatballs in slow cooker. Pour sauce over meatballs, stirring to coat. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours to meld flavors together. If desired, add more hot sauce to taste. Keep slow cooker on warm setting and stir occasionally until ready to serve. Garnish with crumbled blue cheese, if desired.