Hey, Friends! It’s good to be back after taking more days off than I meant to 😉 So what are y’all doing in these post-Christmas days??
One of The Littles said it well when he declared that it feels like the world loses a bit of shiny excitement starting December 26th.
Yeah, the Christmas books on loan from the library went back today. And I noticed someone’s sad pine tree sitting out on the sidewalk waiting to be trucked off.
Me, I’m back to embracing the run again, after ingesting an intentionally undocumented amount of cookies.
But isn’t New Years Eve-Day-Holiday still around the corner?!
Yes, yes it is. And with New Year’s just days away, we’re far from party stopping.
That’s the beauty of hosting big parties after Christmas. It keeps the festivities rolling. That’s a very good thing in this Ice Age-y land.
Bring on the cooking, baking, eating, sharing, lotsa peeps, crazy loud kids… it’s all awesome sauce.
Plus, it gives me a fully acceptable excuse to leave my brightly lit tree up just a tad longer 🙂
This 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker is absolutely, 120% perfect for any New Year’s appetizer menu.
It’s one of the easiest finger foods that you don’t eat with your fingers unless you want to. It’s super hands-off, which is ideal for those who appreciate keeping it simple.
These could be called no-stress meatballs. Just combine sweet and tangy grape jelly, the best frozen meatballs you can get your hands on, and your favorite honey BBQ sauce.
My favorite is Baby Rays, which I keep saying every single time I make anything with prepared BBQ sauce. It’s truly the best.
Sweet, savory, tangy, and finger lickin’ good.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Meatballs
- 50 good quality frozen meatballs, fully cooked
- 18 oz grape jelly
- 18 oz Honey BBQ Sauce, such as Sweet Baby Ray's
- Optional: thinly sliced green onions for garnish
- In the slow cooker, combine the grape jelly and honey BBQ sauce. Stir until well combined. Add frozen meatballs. Stir to fully coat meatballs with sauce. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours, occasionally stirring midway.
- Serve warm. Sprinkle with thinly sliced green onions, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
Here are a few more of our favorite Dips ‘n Apps for any party needs 🙂
1. Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip – This one’s cheesy, melty, and seriously delish! Easy to boot.
2. Buffalo Chicken Sriracha Dip – Awesome for all the guys (and gals) who love a bit of heat and want something hearty to dip their chips into!
3. 7-Layer Mexican Dip – My favorite dip to serve a crowd. It’s an immediate hit at any party, and if you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, it’s still yummy the next day!
4. Hummus, Hummus, Oh How We Love Thee! We’ve got a bunch of Hummus recipes here, but one of my favorites is this Sun Dried Tomato Hummus. Perfect for pita dipping, flatbread schmearing, and veggie dunking! Awesome in sandwiches, too 😉