In This Article
asian Pasta Salad
Every summer we goal towards as much outdoors time as possible. It’s a resolute priority around here.
We embrace it all: hiking long trails, biking around lakes, or running around town (literally.)
Here in the Twin Cities, it’s all about breathing in as much summer air as possible during these few brief yet glorious months.
In order to maximize our sunshine time outside, it means less time under a roof. And much less time at the stove. It means Igloos filled with cold drinks and watermelon. And all the perfect picnic food.
Bring on the Asian Pasta Salad with Ginger Sesame Dressing. It’s healthy, nourishing, and tastes divine.
Plus, this Asian Pasta Salad comes together in 30 minutes or less. So you can spend more time out there and less time in the kitchen…
This Asian Pasta Salad with Ginger Sesame Dressing?
It’s got everything going for it:
- Vibrantly colorful, which means it’s totally good for you
- All the fun textures, ranging from chewy pasta (which can be GF) to crunchy sweet peppers
- It’s a satisfying meal-in-one that’s waist friendly
- The Ginger Sesame Dressing is the awesome sauce (we think you’ll want a few bottles of this sitting in your fridge)
If you make a bottle or two of the Ginger Sesame Dressing ahead of time and keep it chilled, you’ll be happily patting yourself on the back whenever you crave a yummy salad. This homemade dressing is so, so, sooo much better than store-bought.
Plus, having the dressing pre-made turns this Asian Pasta Salad into an even faster 15-minute deal.
Just chop, toss, and go.
Happy summer-ing 🌞
Try Our Grilled Chicken Caprese Salad
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Asian Pasta Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup seasoned rice wine vinegar, found in most stores’ Asian aisles
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 3 TB pure honey
- 3 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 TB Asian toasted sesame oil, caramel brown in color
- ⅓ cup olive oil, or canola oil
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 TB sesame seeds, toasted
For Pasta Salad:
- 16 oz rotini, cooked, drained ,and cooled (sprinkle with olive oil to prevent sticking)
- 16 oz cole slaw mix, no dressing
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ cup edamame, pre-shelled
- ¼ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup almonds, toasted, sliced
- Do Ahead: In a bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until well blended. Transfer to desired container and keep chilled until ready to use.
- When Ready to Serve: Toss together all salad ingredients, except for almonds, in a serving bowl. Gently toss in desired amount of dressing. Garnish with almonds and serve.
- Unused dressing can be kept in airtight container for several weeks in the fridge.
- Make this recipe GF by using your favorite gluten-free pasta.
This version is meatless, but feel free to add shredded cooked chicken or shrimp if desired.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ❤️