This Brie and Fig Crostini is super simple and absolutely delish. Sweet, salty, and crispy, it’s the perfect party appetizer during the busy holiday season.
The boys gleefully proclaimed this to be their last week of school before the highly anticipated 2-week winter break.
My first thought: Please don’t let it be subzero temps the entire 2 weeks or we will all go batty in here.
My second (nicer) thought: We get to sleep in.
I’m all about sleeping in. Especially during the hectic holiday season when sleep is often the first thing to go.
When the To-Do List is overloaded during the holidays, it’s time for easy finger foods like Brie and Fig Crostini for all the gatherings.
Brie and Fig Crostini appetizers are simple and delicious. They’re sweet, salty, creamy, and crispy all in once bite.
Point is, I’d much rather be mingling with family and friends than hovering over the stove when the doorbell rings.
Pass a big plate of these around at your next gathering.
Then go ahead and mingle.Print
Brie and Fig Crostini are simple, quick, and delicious! Sweet, salty, creamy, and crispy all in one bite. Perfect for all the holiday gatherings.
- 1 full size baguette, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 TB butter, melted
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 wheel (about 15 oz) good quality brie, sliced into 1/4 slices
- 1 jar (about 18 oz) fig preserves
- Preheat oven to 375F, with rack on upper middle position. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Place baguette slices in a single layer on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter with olive oil. Use a pastry brush to brush butter mixture evenly on both sides each baguette slice. Bake 8-10 minutes or until slices become crispy. If needed, flip crostini over to allow crisping on the bottom side for a few minutes.
- Place a slice of brie over each crostini. Top each crostini with a generous dollop of fig preserves. Serve.
If desired, you can warm the brie on crostini slices a bit in the oven before adding the fig jam.
Crostini are best used within a day, to maintain its crispness.
Source: Chew Out Loud