I love when peaches are in season. They are so yummy and tempting, with their perfectly peachy roundness, juiciness, and sweetness. Despite the weird fact that I am allergic to peach fuzz, peaches are my favorite fruit to cook and bake with. (Who’s heard of a peach fuzz allergy?)
Peaches are the only fruit Hubby regularly buys on his own. He actually comes home with a bag of peaches. All by his own self. That says something. On the cheese front, one of our favorite cheeses is in the blue family…Gorgonzola, Roquefort, and local blue cheeses. We just enjoyed these awesome Blue Cheese Burgers. An appetizer that combines both peaches and blue cheese? We’re on it. Hello, Peaches and Honey Crostini with Melty Blue Cheese.
If you’re a Pinterest addict like me, you’ve seen these mouthwatering Peaches and Honey Crostini, tempting our eyes and tummies. I knew I’d be making these, especially considering how easy they are to whip up. They are also easily transportable for parties. This I know, because I brought them to a recent dinner party, all prepped and ready to go. Just top and toast before digging in.
These Peaches and Honey Crostini with Melty Blue Cheese are every bit as yummy as they look. Even better than they look. They were a hit with everyone, with not one Crostini left over. How can sweet, ripe peaches and sweet drippy honey not be great? The addition of white balsamic vinegar lends a wonderful mild tang to the sweetness of honey.
All of that goodness sits on top of crispy, garlicky toasted bread. Topped off with the savory creaminess of your favorite kind of blue cheese. It’s a party in your mouth. With peaches abounding and just minutes of prep, don’t wait much longer. Go enjoy these peachy toasts!
Peaches and Honey Crostini with Melty Blue Cheese
- 1 full size baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch toasts
- 4 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves freshly minced garlic
- 1 large or 2 small peaches, peeled and sliced
- 8 oz blue cheese, crumbled (Gorgonzola or Roquefort work well, too)
- 6 TB pure honey
- 1 ½ TB white balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400F or toaster oven to 375F. Line large baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine honey with white balsamic vinegar and mix well. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine olive oil and minced garlic. Brush garlic oil mixture over baguette slices, and place slices in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 6-7 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Arrange peach slices over each slice of toast. Divide crumbled cheese over each crostini. Bake crostini 5-7 minutes until cheese is nice and melty.
- Drizzle with honey/vinegar mixture. Enjoy warm!
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from Bev Cooks