Appetizers are the most fun eats at all the parties. They’re like the socialites of gatherings. They’re fashionably attractive, they stand out, and everyone loves gathering ’round them apps.
Nobody complains about having to hold a cute little plate of savory bites. Preferably while sipping on the yummiest champagne punch ever.
These Pumpkin Bacon Crostini with Cranberries easily fits this crowd-pleasing status.
It is, after all, fashionably gorgeous with seasonal colors and textures. Pumpkin, maple, and cranberries are always in vogue during the holidays. All smothered with smooth goat cheese and topped with crispy crunchy things.
We used herb infused bagel chips for our “crostini” but feel free to toast up your own crostini. We like the bagel chips due to the excessive crunch factor and the fact that they don’t get soggy easily.
Bonus: the pumpkin-cheese spread can be made ahead of time, giving you extra time to mingle and enjoy the party.
Crowd-pleasing, indeed. Enjoy.
Pumpkin Bacon Crostini With Cranberries
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz goat cheese, softened
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2-1 tsp kosher salt, depending on saltiness of cheese
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked well and crumbled (lean parts only)
- ½ cup toasted, chopped pecans
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pepitas, roasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Crostini, bagel chips, or sturdy crackers
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, goat cheese, and pumpkin until well combined and smooth. Add pepper and salt to taste. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, spread cheese mixture over desired amount of crackers or crostini. Sprinkle each crostini evenly with bacon, pecans, cranberries, and pepitas. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve immediately.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud, roughly adapted from Living Locurto