For a fun, crunchy, crowd-pleasing fall snack, bring out the Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts Snack Mix! So easy, and 100% delicious. Keeps well, travels well, and works great as treat-gift!
Here in Minnesota, fall magnificence abounds. The colors are amazing this year, thanks to the copious amount of rain we got last spring.
Some of the trees have already lost all their leaves, but others are showing off all their fall glory right this moment. Fiery reds, vibrant yellows, blazing oranges. Absolutely gorgeous.
I’m not one to post pics of anything non-food, nor do I show off my iphone camera skills unless it’s on Instagram. But I just had to give you this eye candy today.
That’s a random iphone shot I took while strolling in the wild. The colors are much more spectacular in person. I could have spent all day here. Blanket + book + this place = a little bit of paradise.
Usually, October is just too windy and cold to really romp around in the leaves for too long. The boys would beg to differ, given their bent towards T-shirts in snow, but unfortunately they have a cold wimp for a mama.
But. Even I could have worn a T-shirt today. Mid 50F and sunshine is all balmy in our ‘hood.
We make it a mission not to waste warm rays any time of year. Look what we found…
The minute we saw the temps rise, we piled in the car and set off for an outdoor adventure. You can see The Littles hide and seeking from The Bigs.
Being in the great outdoors is good for the body, mind, and soul. It increases your IQ. Or something like that.
There are some seriously splendid spaces to romp, roam, chase, build, and run. The boys built forts out of 6-foot sticks while Hubby and I climbed rocks and took selfies.
Of course, after all that…everyone was hungry. Days like this require easy, portable, nutritious snacks that can curb hunger until meal time.
Something filling, protein-packed, fun to eat, and won’t spoil.
Hello, Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts Snack Mix! That’s a mouthful to say, but it’s also a huge bite of undeniable deliciousness.
These nutty treats are ridiculously yummy any time of day and are perfectly portable.
It’s safe to say we are addicted to these cinnamon sugar candied nuts, and everyone I ever share these with says the same.
We often pack candied nuts to take out outings, parties, or gatherings. People love noshing and munching away on these crunchy treats.
Try putting a bowl of these at the center of the table at your next get together. Guaranteed happy munching. Plus totally empty bowl.
How can everyone not love this stuff? Loaded with cinnamon, crispy sugar coating, your favorite nuts, and chocolate coated goodies.
I used dried cranberries to offset the sweetness and provide a bit of chewiness. Chocolate covered raisins and pretzels are a phenomenal balance of sweetness and crunch.
This is a must-try snack for fall, winter, or gift-giving. Fill a mason jar full of this tasty goodness and revel in the wide-eyed smiles.
Here’s to squeezing in as many fun moments as is possibly possible.
Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts Snack Mix is super easy, won’t spoil, and perfect for taking anywhere. Take them along for a satisfying snack, bring them to a party, or have set them out when people come over! This nutty snack mix is a crowd pleaser!
- 4 cups nuts (I used baking pecans, walnuts, and roasted almonds)
- 1 large egg white, room temp
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 TB ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup white chocolate coated pretzels
- 1 cup chocolate coated raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300F, with rack on upper middle position. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla until very frothy. Add all nuts to frothy egg mixture. Stir to coat evenly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add sugar mixture to the nut mixture. Stir until fully coated.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes, quickly stirring 1-2 times in between. Let cool completely. Toss with pretzels, chocolate raisins, and dried cranberries. Sub with any add-ins you prefer. Store in airtight container.
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here are a few more of our favorite snacks for parties, outings, or just snack attacking at home!
1. Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts with Sriracha — if you like a bit of kick with your sugar, this combination is for you!
2. Peanut Butter and Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies — a delicious twist on an old classic. Perfect fall finger food.
3. Crunchy Granola — the perfect balance of sweet and slightly salty, crunchy and a little chewy. Awesome on-the-go snack when you need it!
4. Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars — for all chewy granola fans, you’ll adore this one. How awesome is it to whip up an entire pan of these, just the way you like it? All natural and a fraction of the cost!