When Hubby was a kid, his dad often brought home those huge canisters of gorgeous whole cashews from Costco. It’s a little scary how quickly that mountainous tub of nuts can vanish.
I totally get my FIL, though. A walk down the grocery store nut aisle means cashews in my cart. Even the Littles declare cashews to be their fave nutty snack. Unless you count chocolate covered nuts – in that case, anything goes.
Now it’s curry time. These Curry Roasted Cashews are robust, slightly spicy, and 200% yummy…
Curry Roasted Cashews boast a rich, nutty flavor. They’re just slightly spicy and entirely yummy. Addictive even.
Have you seen the movie War Room? Tons of friends loved and highly recommended that movie, so we finally rented it last week; The Littles thought they were gonna get 2 hours worth of battlefield fighting. Figuratively speaking, that’s what it was. But we super-loved the movie and I’m finally joining the masses who highly recommend it 👍
I did not get distracted just now with movie talk. It all ties together, really it does. Because there’s this one scene (no spoilers, I promise) where the mom hides in her closet gorging on chips.
Which has everything to do with these Curry Roasted Cashews, because I’m more of a nut fiend than chip girl. I’d sooo be curled up in my closet munching on these cashews.
Here’s to alltheparties that have happened and will be happening this week.
Happy New Year, Everyone! See you in 2016! 🎉 🎊 💥Print
Curry Roasted Cashews
Put out a batch of Curry Roasted Cashews for a fun & deliciously nutty flair at your next party. Crunchy, flavorful, and healthy to boot.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 12 mins
Yield: 2 cups 1x
- 2 cups roasted, salted cashews
- 3 TB salted butter
- 5 tsp mild yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- Heat oven to 350F with rack on middle position.
- In a skillet, melt butter on medium heat. Add all remaining ingredients (except cashews) and stir to combine well, 20 seconds.
- Place cashews on large baking sheet and evenly toss them with the curry mixture until thoroughly coated. Spread cashews into a single layer. Bake 7-10 minutes or just until nuts are golden brown; take care not to let them over-bake or they’ll burn.
- Let nuts cool fully. They keep well in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Category: snack, appetizer
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud
Time to Get Nutty…