Perfectly crunchy, healthy, and cocoa-chocolatey almonds can be yours with just a few ingredients and 10 minutes. It’s WAY healthier and cheaper than the store-bought stuff. Go ahead…get nutty.
Ever since I became serious about running, I’ve experienced distinctly surprising munchie cravings.
For instance, almonds suddenly and mysteriously started beckoning to me. Totally weird and unprecedented, because I’ve never craved whole almonds all by themselves. Yeah, Dr. Oz touts a handful of almonds a day, but I wasn’t enthusiastic about it in the past.
How things have changed. Nowadays, my pantry is constantly stocked with almonds and all sorts of nutty yummies, in case that craving hits. It always hits.
Chocolate? Well, that’s another story altogether…
That doesn’t take an ounce of arm twisting and it never has. Chocolate has been and is still my happy friend 🙂
Which makes these chocolatey Cocoa Almonds otherworldly. They’re absurdly easy. Outlandishly yummy. Healthier and cheaper than store-bought ones.
Crispy, crunchy, mildly sweet, slightly salty, and totally delicious.
I’m not the only one in my family who’s hooked on these. I literally have to hide my cocoa almond stash to prevent the boys and the man from polishing them off.
Almonds, meet Cocoa.
Never look back.
Perfectly crunchy, healthy, and perfectly chocolatey almonds can be yours with just a few ingredients and 10 minutes. It’s WAY healthier and cheaper than the store-bought stuff. Go ahead…get nutty.
- 2½ cups raw, unsalted whole almonds
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 TB unsweetened real cocoa powder
- Optional: ⅛ tsp fine table salt, plus more if needed (highly recommended, for a bit of salty and sweet!)
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on middle position. Spread raw almonds into a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet (unlined.) Bake 10 minutes, stopping once to shake the pan in between bake time. Almonds should be toasty and fragrant, but not burnt. Pour toasted almonds into a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir to completely coat. Spread coated almonds back out onto baking sheet to cool completely.
- Store chocolate cocoa almonds in airtight container up to several weeks.
Source: Chew Out Loud
Nuts about munchies…