I know April showers bring May flowers, but the truth of that never ceases to amaze. Just 3 weeks ago, we were thigh high in snow (calf high for LeBron James) and suddenly it’s a lush new landscape that would make St Patrick’s Day green with envy.
It’s stunning how quickly new leaves and buds sprouted out overnight. Everywhere, new grass shot up in 24 hours and you’d never imagine the grounds were all blanketed with several feet of snow just a few weeks prior.
All this means that the season for picnics and long hikes and backyard parties has officially begun. Here in Minnesota, we don’t wait til Memorial Day or any other calendar date. For us, summer is here the minute you can safely tuck away the snow boots.
Everyone knows we need lots of really good snacks for all those picnics and campfire hangouts. Enter this Gluten Free Ranch Snack Mix. This snack mix recipe is crazy-easy, keeps well for weeks, and tastes awesome. Plus, it’s a much healthier and happier option than Cheetos…
This savory snack mix recipe is super easy to make in a big batch and keep in the pantry for grab-and-go fueling. I love that it’s deliciously savory instead of sweet, particularly since the Middle Little and I are still on our month-long sugarless adventure.
I’ve searched up, down, and sideways for a healthier, gluten free snack that I’d feel totally okay with when all my peeps inhale it by the fistful. [And me. Me too, I devour this ranch snack mix like nobody’s business. While we’re at it, Bulldog is addicted to every tiny crumb that makes its way to the floor.]
Believe it or not, the entire fam readily chooses this homemade ranch snack mix over any of the store-bought packaged snacks in the pantry.
Here’s why this Gluten Free Ranch Snack Mix recipe is a keeper:
- It’s ultra crunchy and fun to munch
- Big, yummy flavor in every bite
- It’s easy to pack and go, whether for lunch boxes or picnics
- It keeps nice and crispy for weeks
Enjoy and happy crunching!
You’ll Probably Really Like this, Too:
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Gluten Free Ranch Snack Mix Recipe
- 3 cups gluten-free corn squares cereal
- 3 cups gluten-free rice squares cereal
- 3 cups gluten free pretzels
- 1 cup whole roasted almonds, or other roasted nuts of your choice
- 6 TB salted butter, melted
- 3 oz homemade ranch seasoning mix*
- 1 TB Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp coarse kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 300F with rack on lower middle position. Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cereals, pretzels, almonds, and melted butter. Use rubber spatula to gently fold together and incorporate. Add remaining ingredients. Continue to fold mixture together until fully combined and coated.
- Transfer mixture to lined baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, turning pan the pan and giving it a stir halfway through baking. Let mixture cool completely and serve.