This Easy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad recipe is one of the most delicious side dishes of the summer. It’s a fail-proof hit for potlucks, picnics, and lazy summer days. This is the perfect accompaniment to your summer grill out.
This post has been sponsored by Hidden Valley® and Glad®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad. It’s the quintessential side dish for all the picnics, potlucks, and sunny summer gatherings. The best summer spreads include grilled burgers, juicy watermelons, and a gigantic bowl of Bacon Ranch Potato Salad for all to share.
On the off-chance there’s anyone in your midst who proclaims not to be a potato salad eater, have no fear. They simply haven’t been properly introduced to this Bacon Ranch Potato Salad recipe yet. This is the game-changing potato salad. It will easily become that popular dish that keeps people coming back for more.
See How to Make Bacon Ranch Potato Salad:
I didn’t mislead you, right? ⇑ So. So. Easy. And savory, creamy, amazingly good. This potato salad recipe is by far our favorite one, and we’re not alone.
Just a handful of basic ingredients and minutes later, you’ll have that luscious potato salad ready to serve. This red potato salad recipe keeps exceptionally well. As long as you wrap it airtight and keep it chilled, it is delicious for a couple of days. Meaning you can also make it ahead of time and minimize the elbow grease on grill day.
Here’s what you’ll need to make that Bacon Ranch Potato Salad happen: baby red potatoes, sliced green onions, salt/pepper, garlic powder, and a bottle of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® dressing. Simply combine it all together and you’ve got a winning situation. All that’s left is to cover well and chill until ready to serve.
Speaking of which, Glad® Press ‘n Seal® has you covered (see what I did there?) It’s the best no-fuss seal that does what you want it to. I’m loving this BPA-free Glad Press ‘n Seal for its magical ability to adhere to and tightly seal multiple surfaces: glass plates, wood bowls, metal containers, you name it.
Bonus: You can easily grab all this goodness at Walmart, which makes everything extra convenient.
I’ve been using Hidden Valley Ranch for this Bacon Ranch Potato Salad for over two decades now. Truth. This potato salad shines because of the creamy, rich flavor of the dressing. It’s awesome for dipping, drizzling, and dunking. Think veggies, chicken, pasta, and of course potatoes.
I double-scored when I found the Hidden Valley® Dry Dips seasoning packets cuddled up near the salad dressings at Walmart. These dry seasoning packets are super versatile and allow for amazing recipe variations.
Your summer potato salad has never been easier. Mix, cover, chill, and you’re done.
I’ve yet to meet summer potatoes as quick and scrumptious as this Bacon Ranch Potato Salad. From what people frequently tell me, I’m not alone.
With potatoes this good, it’ll be hard to save room for dessert. 😉
- 3 lbs small red potatoes, skin on, washed and cut into 1-inch quarters
- 3–4 stalks green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (24 oz) bottle Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
- ½ cup real bacon pieces
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place potatoes into a large heavy pot filled with water. Generously salt the water. Bring to a boil and then simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or to desired tenderness. Do not overcook, or end results may turn mushy. Once potatoes are just-tender, immediately remove from heat and drain. Rinse potatoes thoroughly with cold water to halt the cooking process. Drain again and let potatoes cool completely.
- Gently fold in in some of the ranch dressing, to desired consistency. Fold in remaining ingredients until just combined, including kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Note: red potato ranch salad keeps well when sealed airtight and chilled
- You can also use Hidden Valley Dips Ranch packets to make variations of ranch dressing to use for this recipe.
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad keeps well when sealed tightly with Glad Press ‘n Seal and chilled; keep chilled until ready to serve. Salad can be made a day ahead of time.