I’ve just learned two new things. The first thing is about rain. I go running outdoors every day that I can, unwilling to let a single day of the short MN summer go to waste. Before hitting the pavement, I obsessively check the forecast. I’m a compulsive weather-checker. I stalk the doppler radar app on my iphone, ensuring that no storm cell is looming, so I can confidently lace up.
Despite a zero percent chance of rain, I was recently caught in a sudden downpour partway through my run. Not a drizzle. More like a waterfall. With miles between me and home. I finally got home drenched and was greeted by chuckling neighbors and my wide-eyed kids.
Drivers thought I was a hardcore marathon trainer. Um, no. I was fighting the temptation to flag them down for a ride home. But. I learned that unexpected rain isn’t as scary as I thought. Literally and figuratively. And I can check “dance in the rain” off my bucket list, because what I did totally counts.
The second new thing is the launch this revamped site! It’s been months in waiting, weeks in progress, and I’m thrilled about finally introducing it. Whew! I hope you’re having fun around here.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Ice Cream Cake with Fudgy Crunchies + Desserts Cookbook Giveaway!
- 1 package Oreo cookies, 15.5oz cream filling removed. Reserve 8 cookies for the crunch filling.
- 7 TB salted butter, melted
- half gallon mint chip ice cream, or other flavor
- half gallon vanilla bean ice cream, or other flavor
- 1 cup easy homemade fudge sauce, *see below
- 2 cups easy homemade whipped cream for decorating and serving, *see below
- Make fudge sauce (recipe below) and whipped cream (recipe below), and set aside in fridge.
- Coarsely break up 8 chocolate cookies (no cream filling) into bits for the crunch filling. Set aside.
- Process remainder of chocolate cookies into fine crumbs, using food processor (or enclose cookies in heavy duty freezer bags and crush finely with rolling pin.) Combine fine chocolate crumbs with melted butter. Mix well. Lightly grease bottom of a 9 inch springform pan, and press crumb mixture tightly and evenly into bottom of pan. Tip: Use bottom of a flat-bottom cup to do the pressing. Place pan in freezer.
- Meanwhile, allow mint chip ice cream to soften at room temp about 5-10 minutes. Spread approx. three-fourths of the entire tub of ice cream evenly over crumb crust (or use as much as you'd like.) Place pan in freezer.
- Mix 1 cup of lukewarm fudge sauce with the 8 coarsely broken cookie bits. Spread this filling evenly over first ice cream layer, leaving 1 cm space around edges.
- Freeze 30 minutes.
- Slightly soften vanilla bean ice cream, and spread about three-fourths of entire tub evenly over the fudge filling. Freeze until firm.
- Decorate with homemade whipped cream as desired. Keep frozen until ready to serve. Before serving, let sit at room temp approx. 5 minutes, and remove carefully from springform pan.
Nutrition (per serving)
In honor of summer, I’m giving away this beautiful new cookbook, Cool Desserts. Perfect for sunny days! Chef Carla Bardi is the author of this beautiful book, among several cookbooks, while running a vineyard and restaurant in Italy. Her new Cool Desserts book features all the warm-weather desserts you could crave this season!
I love, love this book. Every single recipe is accompanied by mouthwatering photos galore. Each recipe is easy yet impressive. Carla’s collection of recipes is super easy to follow and absolutely gorgeous. I’m pretty sure you’ll adore the style.
Your 4 chances to enter giveaway:
- What’s your favorite summer dessert? Leave your answer in a comment below.
- Like us on Facebook, and then leave a separate comment below that you liked us.
- Follow us on Twitter, and then leave a separate comment below that you followed.
- Follow us on Pinterest, and then leave a separate comment below that you followed.
That’s it! Couldn’t be easier. Each comment is a separate entry. You’ve got 4 chances to win, so go for it!Open to U.S. addresses. First and last name, with valid email address are required to enter. Giveaway ends July 13 at midnight, central time. One winner will be chosen via randomly generated number out of all of the qualified entries submitted. Winner will be contacted via email and/or announced on this post. Winner will have 72 hours to respond. Thereafter, an alternate winner will be notified. May the odds be ever in your favor.
If you’re on Home page, just click on Post to leave a reply.