Dairy Queen Style Oreo Blizzards
Many of you can relate to late night DQ runs back in the day. The Oreo Blizzard was and still is my all time favorite thing on the Dairy Queen menu.
Yeah, they now have grilled chicken salads and a whole slew of other current menu offerings. But my weakness will always be the good old Oreo Blizzard.
This DQ Style Oreo Blizzard is obviously a no brainer. It takes 3 ingredients and 5 minutes. If you’ve got a carton of ice cream and some leftover Oreo cookies, you’re in business…
How to Make Oreo Blizzards
- Get some of your very favorite vanilla bean ice cream. The better quality your ice cream, the better your Blizzard will taste.
- Select 7 very lucky Oreo cookies. I realize 7 cookies sounds random, but we tried 6 and we tried 8. It turns out 7 was the magic number.
- Add a bit of vanilla extract for a big boost of deliciousness. You already know it’s going to be incredible by now.
- Important tip: you may need a double batch if you’ve got more than a couple of ice cream fans around.
Watch how we make mint chip ice cream:
DQ Style Oreo Blizzard Recipe (5-Minute)
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 7 Oreo cookies
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: Extra Oreo cookies for garnish
- Blend: Be sure your ice cream is fully frozen before starting. Press ice cream to the bottom of a heavy duty blender. Blend a few seconds, scraping sides down if needed; blend just until ice cream is creamy and smooth, but don't overdo it.
- Pulse: Press Oreo cookies into the ice cream; add vanilla extract. Pulse a few times until crumbs are mixed in, to your liking.
- Serve: Divide into individual glasses and serve immediately. Garnish with additional cookies, if desired.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram