Its only been in the last year or so since our Littles started appreciating mashed potatoes.
Now that the kids have joined in on the mashy spud love, we are ready for garlicky mashed potatoes by the pot.
I have a compulsive bent towards making large amounts of food. Even when it was just me and Hubby well before any Littles.
I’ve always made lots of everything because if I’m going to make a mess in the kitchen, then I want leftovers. And it’d better taste great.
This Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe makes a generous batch, perfect for sharing over the holidays or satisfying your hungry family.
Luckily, this reheats nicely. Many mashed potato recipes don’t reheat well, but this one is winner in that area.
Creamy, rich, buttery, garlicky, indulgent mashed potatoes.
All in the slow cooker, so the potatoes don’t have to duke it out with the roasts for oven time.
We love the red potatoes instead of the typical russet here. The baby reds are rustic, wholesome, skin-on goodness.
Reminds me of my youthful favorite red mashed potatoes at Claim Jumper back in the day.
These potatoes are perfect for the holidays and pretty much anytime all year round.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 5 lbs red potatoes, or russet potatoes, skin-on and washed and cut into large even-sized cubes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cube chicken bouillon , dissolved in 1 tsp water
- 8 oz whole cream cheese, melted in microwave or stovetop
- ½ cup salted butter, melted (plus more as needed)
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth, more if needed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese for garnish, or more
- 2-3 scallions, thinly sliced for garnish
- Bring a large heavy pot of well salted water to a boil. Cook potatoes approx. 12-15 minutes or until fork-tender but not mushy. Drain and transfer potatoes for a large bowl. Use a potato masher to mash potatoes together with garlic, dissolved bouillon, melted cream cheese, and melted butter. Mash and add 2 cups of chicken broth until incorporated. Add more broth and keep mashing as needed to achieve desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper as needed. At this point, potatoes can be covered and chilled overnight if you’re prepping ahead.
- Transfer potatoes to a slow cooker. Cover and cook for 2 hours on low, stirring occasionally. Turn cooker to warm setting, and keep warm until ready to serve. Serve garnished with bacon, cheddar cheese, and scallions.
Nutrition (per serving)
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here are a few of our favorite potato dishes we think you will love!
- Smashed Red Potaoes. Not only are they easy to make and sooo fun to do, but they taste out of this world delish!
- Garlic Butter Herb Roasted Potatoes. These are super easy for any weeknight yet yummy enough for sharing with guests.
- Onion Parmesan Roasted Potatoes. For of herbs and cheesy goodness, this is sure to become a family favorite!
We’re honored you’re here!
We’d love to have you follow us on Pinterest, where we regularly pin the best discoveries.
Hang with us on Instagram for behind-the-scenes shots of the food we make… and happy things