A couple of weeks ago, Hubby came home from our local farmer’s market with these lovely baby red potatoes. I didn’t even text him about going to the farmer’s market. He surprised me by coming home with farmer’s goodies, and a bag of fresh baby reds were amongst the offerings.
Our family loves our starches, but we typically gravitate towards breads, like this rosemary garlic bread. We also love our pastas and noodles, like this fail proof chow mein I often cook up. Ok, and rice makes its way into our starch-loving tummies, with sticky rice being a favorite. For whatever reason, we don’t do a whole lot of potatoes… possibly because the only potatoes the kids readily devour are in the realm of tater tots and french fries 😉
But when I made these garlicky, buttery, and yummy baby red potatoes, the boys devoured them indeed. These garlic butter herb potatoes are tender on the inside and slightly crisp on the outside. The aroma and flavors of garlic and butter are mouthwatering. The bit of fresh lemon juice (don’t be afraid!) give off a nice subtle tang that balances out the butter. The parmesan cheese baked to golden perfection… well, that needs no further description.
These Garlic Butter Herb Red Potatoes are simple, so tasty, and go well with any weeknight meal or weekend dinner you have planned. Enjoy!
Garlic Butter Herb Roasted Potatoes
These roasted potatoes are buttery, garlicky, and roasted to yummy perfection. The lemon gives it a wonderfully light tang that helps balance out the flavors.
Yield: 6 1x
- 1 1/2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika powder
- Juice of 1/2 of a fresh lemon
- 1/3 fresh chives or parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In large heavy pot, par boil potato pieces until just barely tender when pierced, 3-5 minutes, depending on size of your pieces. Drain and run under cold water.
- Preheat oven to 375F, with rack on middle position. Line baking pan with foil and set aside.
- Combine melted butter, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, fresh lemon juice, and chives (or parsley) in a large bowl. Whisk together well, and toss well with drained potatoes until completely coated.
- Spread coated potatoes in a single layer on prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered, 35 min. or until cheese is melty and bubbly and golden brown. Actual bake time will vary depending on size of cut potatoes. Serve warm.
- Category: side dish
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from allrecipes