This time of year is when we pour on some spud love.
I’m not talking our favorite creamy mashed potatoes with awesome roasted garlic, which is a consistent winner around here.
We’re dishing up red potatoes today because I recently picked up a bunch of these beauties and they were begging to be roasted.
But this time…
This time we doused these red pretties in parmesan and herbs. It’s so obvious they’re destined to be good.
Plenty of parm, olive oil, garlic, and onion. How can that go wrong? It can’t.
A drizzle, a sprinkle, a smidgen, and a toss.
Place the seasoned potato slices in a single layer; don’t overcrowd. Unlike photo above, which was outfitted for looks. No vanity for real baking.
Bake until nicely tender. Bake longer if you want more browned/crispy edges.
It’s up to you if you want to bake more or less time, depending on preferred level of tenderness.
And here she is. Onion Parmesan Roasted Potatoes. Golden brown, fork-tender, and bursting with great flavor.
These potatoes are the perfect side for a gazillion meals. We put ours away with some Juicy, Tender Meatloaf.
These are the ideal comfort side dish for your comfort food. Enjoy!Print
Onion Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
These Parmesan Onion Roasted Potatoes are drenched with flavor, fork-tender, and beautifully browned. They are the perfect side dish for any meal.
Yield: 6 1x
- 2 lbs red potatoes, sliced to 1/2 inch thickness
- 4 TB grated parmesan, divided in half
- 2 tsp minced dried onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F, with rack on middle position.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes with 2 TB parmesan and the remaining ingredients, tossing until potato slices are completely coated with olive oil and seasonings.
- Arrange potatoes into a single layer on large baking sheet. Sprinkle tops of potatoes evenly with remaining 2 TB parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 20-25 min more, or until potatoes are to desired tenderness and golden brown on top.
- Category: side
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here are a few of our family favorite potatoes! YUM.
1. Smashed Red Potatoes. If you haven’t tried this delicious method yet, they are a must-do at least once in life. First of all, it’s super fun to say “smashed.” Second of all, it’s even more fun to do it. You may want to make extra; they’re always a hit.
2. Garlic Butter Herb Roasted Potatoes. Garlic, butter, and herbs bring out the best in these potatoes. They’ll go fast.
3. Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole… it’s a special treat to wake up to these cheesy good potatoes in the morning. Great for brunch potlucks. Sooo deeelish…