This Sweet Potato Sausage Breakfast Casserole is standout delicious. It’s stellar for all the brunches and breakfast-for-dinners. It also happens to be an easy Whole30 and Paleo recipe that’s gluten-free and dairy-free.
Sweet Potato Sausage Breakfast Casserole
It’s taken me 8 winters in Minneapolis to finally proclaim that I can hang with the polar bears around here:
1. We count years here by the number of winters one has endured. The more winters you’ve got under your belt, the more badges of honor.
2. Polar bears are really humans who throw their heads back and laugh in the face of extremely brutal temps.
I will probably never crack a smile about winter, but I can finally say I’m officially Minnesotan: for the first time in my real and imagined life, I went for a two hour run in -12F actual temp (-24F with windchill and definite peer pressure.)
Admittedly, the spread of brunch food after our frigid group run made the day so. much. better. There were plenty of healthy grain bagels, GF and sugar free granola, fresh fruit, egg bakes, and healthy breakfast casseroles.
Speaking of healthy breakfast casseroles, check this irresistible Sweet Potato Sausage Breakfast Casserole…
Healthy Breakfast Casserole that lets you eat potatoes and sausage (and sleep in)
We’re looking at loads of goodness in one single breakfast casserole:
- Plenty of golden roasted sweet potatoes for energy
- No added sugars, dairy, or gluten
- Kale and sweet pepper for antioxidants
- Eggs and sausage for protein and pure flavor
Even if you’re like myself and don’t follow any specific food plan, you’ll still 200% fall in love with this delectable breakfast casserole. It’s teeming with all the hearty flavor that makes your taste buds and belly oh-so-happy.
All this morning magic comes together easily and quickly; the majority of this egg bake can even be prepped the night before so that all you have to do post-snooze is to pop this delicious Whole30 recipe (paleo recipe) in the oven and bake.
My favorite hot breakfast routine: Wake ‘n Bake.