January = salads. Yes or no?
For me, it’s both yay and nay. I’m always game for diving into a great salad any time of year, and this month is no exception.
But chocolate is also a staple in my daily diet, and that’s not changing just because the calendar says it’s January.
Pretty much every day starts off with fueling my carb and chocolate addiction. If I’m nice and not naughty, the equation is carbs + chocolate = salad.
I’m a big fan of ending the day with a toothsome salad teeming with goodness…
This BBQ Ranch Chopped Chicken Salad is overflowing with allthegoodthings.
Good things like black beans, corn, tomatoes, cheddar, grilled chicken, and crispy Romaine.
If I somehow were organized enough to make those hip salads in a jar (as seen on Pinterest,) I’d eat this BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad every day. I’m not that organized. And I don’t own that many mason jars.
Luckily, this salad is easy enough to make a big batch, sans dressing, to nosh on for a few good lunches.
We’re pulling out the McCheaty for dressings today, perfect for busy weekdays.
I use my Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ Sauce and Hidden Valley Ranch. Feel free to use your own faves.
I’ve even spun things up and made BBQ Chopped Chicken Sandwiches out of this; incredibly delish!
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, seasoned, grilled, and chopped
- 1 head fresh romaine lettuce, chopped
- ⅔ cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- ⅔ cup canned corn kernels, drained
- ⅔ cup canned black beans, drained well (rinse if desired)
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup your favorite ranch dressing
- ¼ cup honey BBQ sauce, I use Sweet Baby Ray's
- In a large bowl, add the romaine lettuce. Add cooked/chopped chicken, tomatoes, corn, beans, onion, and cheese. Drizzle ranch dressing and BBQ sauce over the salad and gently toss to combine well.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: Salad ingredients can be prepared well ahead of time and assembled just before serving.
Nutrition (per serving)
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here are some other favorite healthy eats:
- Black Bean Avocado Salad Dip. Is it a dip or a salad? That remains unanswered, but this recipe is too delicious to care. All my friends ask for this recipe; yours will too.
- Tex Mex Chicken Burrito Bowl. Perfect meal in one for busy weeknights. The carbs, protein, and veggies are all combined into one delicious bowl.
- One-Pan Tex Mex Quinoa. I love this dish. Refreshing, full of flavor, and crazy easy.
We’d love to have you follow us on Pinterest, where we pin the best finds!
Hang with us on Instagram for behind-the-scenes shots of the food we make and lots of inspiration.