It’s finally time to share my favorite pumpkin cookies! It wouldn’t be kind to hold this great recipe back any longer. If there’s a treat that screams October for both kids and grown-ups alike, it’s gotta be pumpkin cookies.
These aren’t just any old pumpkin cookies, if such a thing exists.
These baked goodies are bursting with real pumpkin galore, plentiful warm spices, and a gratifying icing drizzled on top.
If somehow the robust flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, and icing weren’t tempting enough on their own…we added scrumptious cinnamon chips and white chocolate chips to amp up the yum factor. Cinnamon chips are available seasonally, so check your grocery stores and stock up.
Soft, chewy, pillowy bites of sweet pumpkin will melt in your mouth.
A magical combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and white chocolate chips will dance on your taste buds.
The smooth, buttery, warmly spiced icing will satisfy even the most colossal sweet tooth.
As with most pumpkin cookies that feature an ample amount of real pumpkin, you’ll be sinking your sweet teeth into a fluffy soft cookie.
It’s somewhat akin to a chewy muffin top, yet it’s distinctively cookie. Real pumpkin puree is famous for creating baked goods that are tender, moist, and sensationally soft. If you really want a denser cookie that is less fluffy, then you’ll have to bite the bullet and use less pumpkin.
Our peeps love the fluffy softness of pumpkin cookies with no shortage of real pumpkin flavor shining through.
These pumpkin spice cookies keep magnificently well. I’ve made them ahead of time for parties, and they stay soft and flavorful for days.
Perfect for the upcoming busy holiday season.
Want more superbly yummy pumpkin treats? Take a peek at these amazing Pumpkin Biscoff Bars and Pumpkin Scones, which are seriously better than the ones at the coffee shop. This Pumpkin Spice Bread and Pumpkin Souffle are out-of-this-world. We just noshed on Pumpkin Pasties for breakfast, and these tasty and healthy Pumpkin Pancakes unbelievably made with whole grain.
Chewy Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp table salt
- ½ cup salted butter, softened (not melty)
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips, more if desired
- ½ cup cinnamon chips, more if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add pumpkin, egg, vanilla, and beat until fully combined and creamy.
- Combine the dry ingredients together with the wet ingredients until incorporated. Add in white chocolate chips and cinnamon chips, and mix to combine.
- Form rounded tablespoons and drop onto cookie sheet, and flatten slightly, keeping 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden. Let cookies cool on baking sheet until they can easily be transferred.
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a bowl, and whisk with fork until smooth. Add milk a bit at a time, if needed for drizzling consistency. Drizzle or spread icing over cooled cookies.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from allrecipes