This Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe is richly tender, moist, and chocolatey. Finally, a pumpkin recipe that actually uses up an entire can of pumpkin – no random leftovers. This quick bread tastes amazing for breakfast or dessert.
Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
Whether you live in a part of the globe that officially celebrates Thanksgiving or not, allow me just a minute to say I am immensely grateful for so many people, including each of you reading this right now.
My readers are the cream of the crop. I LOVE getting comments, emails, and notes from you all throughout the year. Some of you, I know well…others of you I’ve met through this little blog. And I’m ever grateful for you taking the time to hang out in this space for awhile.
By the way…if you find that you sometimes kinda-sorta want to leave a comment or say hi, just do it! It totally puts the real behind the screen, ya know?
Plus, I’m an extrovert who thrives on being around people. So every time you stop by this space, gimme a happy holla!
Ok, I’ll be done with the sappy now. Onto the tasty. Hello, Chocolate Pumpkin Bread. This one’s for all the chocoholics who also enjoy pumpkin but mostly love chocolate…
Tips for Making The Best Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
This Chocolate Pumpkin Bread recipe results in a wonderfully flavorful chocolate bread that is supremely moist due to pumpkin. The holiday factor is elevated with fall spices that complement all the chocolatey pumpkin goodness.
- Use mini chocolate chips instead of regular sized chips. The minis have the awesome skill of melding lusciously into the batter so the entire pumpkin bread is chocolatey good.
- Go unplugged. I love batters that don’t require electric mixers. Just use your handy dandy hand-whisk. That’s all.
- Make this bread the night before, if you can. Both texture and flavor are doubly better the next day.
- We saved the best for last: you get to use up an entire 15oz can of pumpkin in this here recipe. It’s true. If you’re anything like me and never quite know what to do with that random bit of leftover pumpkin puree, we can let go of all that pumpkin-anxiety. The end.
Why we triple love this chocolate pumpkin bread recipe
- This is a seriously tender, moist, tantalizing chocolate pumpkin bread. This cannot be overstated. Thanks for putting up with my repetition.
- This bread satisfies both chocolate and pumpkin lovers alike. I will say, it tastes more like chocolate than pumpkin, but the flavors of fall are definitely there.
- Because I’m obsessed with make-ahead recipes, I super appreciate that this chocolate pumpkin bread can be made the night before I want to bring it to a potluck, brunch, or as a hostess gift.
- This chocolate pumpkin bread doubles as a dessert, particularly if you top off with homemade whipped cream or ice cream.
- It freezes awesomely well, or so I’m told. I personally have not been blessed with leftovers.
Other Pumpkin Recipes to Make:
- 15 Best Pumpkin Recipes to Try
- Double Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie Dip
- Best Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- The Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe (Surprise Ingredient)