Because amidst all the fall festivities is football season and all the fans wear purple on Sundays around here. Sundays are pretty much a sea of purple at all the stores where chips and dips vanish from the shelves like crazy. But let’s do better than dips from a jar.
Hello, Cheesy Chicken Buffalo Dip. We are talking about you today.
Really, this cheesy chicken buffalo dip does double duty. It serves as a mouthwatering appetizer on game day AND holiday parties. Anytime you’ve got a few people gathered round, actually. It’s simply luscious finger food that’s as delicious as it is easy.
Video: How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip
That 👆🏼 was ridiculously easy, right?! Like, no need to ever buy buffalo chicken dip from a tub ever again.
This Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip is:
- Well, cheesy. Gooey good cheesy
- Creamy and satisfying
- Boldly flavored with plenty of zest
- Irresistible with chips, veggie sticks, and crackers
It’s basically kicked up finger food perfection.
Go ahead, gather all the people ’round and dig in.
P.S. If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, this dip heats up beautifully.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Easy Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 block regular cream cheese, 8 oz, room temp
- ½ cup good Ranch dressing
- ¼ to ½ cup Frank’s Hot Sauce, depending on desired spice level
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, best if you shred it yourself – divided
- 1 ½ lbs cooked shredded chicken, rotisserie works great
- thick corn chips, tortilla chips, crackers, or celery/carrot sticks for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on upper middle position.
- In a heavy medium pot, whisk softened cream cheese on low heat until completely smooth. Add Ranch dressing, hot sauce, garlic and onion powders, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, and chicken. Using a fork, whisk mixture on medium-low heat until mixture is heated through. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese on evenly over top.
- Bake uncovered 5-10 min or just until cheese is melted and lightly browned at edges. Serve hot, with crackers, chips, and/or vegetable sticks.