I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Christmas!
After hosting a big ‘n boisterous shindig at our home (aka a full house of families with kids – mostly boys) on Christmas Eve, we mellowed out with just our family on Christmas Day.
We sang, read, documented the ripping of wrapping paper, downed a late brunch, played games, and went sledding. I ate it several times, but it was so so worth it. My boys will remember their mama roaring down the hills with them. And screaming. 🙂
At our house, the ornament-encased tree and decorations stay up past New Year’s – partly because we love letting it all linger just a little bit longer, and partly because we need time to recoup before tackling the tear-down.
At least for the next several days, it’s still officially holiday season. The transition from Christmas to New Year’s is happening at full throttle.
New Year’s celebrations must include fabulous finger food. Hello, Sriracha Buffalo Chicken Dip – Oh, YUM…
When Hubby related the alarming news of an imminent Sriracha shortage, I hoarded. Just a little bit. Now I’ve got beautiful red bottles of Sriracha that must be used up…and use them up I shall.
This Sriracha Buffalo Chicken Dip is an awesome appetizer/finger food for New Year’s parties or upcoming Game Day gatherings. This dip is creamy, cheesy, and has the perfect little kick to it. It’s a match made for thick corn chips or veggie sticks.
Of course, my favorite part of this dip is that it’s crazy-easy, and make-ahead friendly. Just reheat and stir before serving. Enjoy!Print
This dip is creamy, cheesy, and has the perfect kick, thanks to Sriracha! Easily make this on the stovetop ahead of time, and simply reheat when ready to serve.
- 1 block (8 oz) regular cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup good Ranch dressing
- 3–4 TB Sriracha hot sauce (more if you like it hotter!)
- 1/2 cup self-shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (12.5 oz each) premium chunk chicken breast, drained
- thick corn chips, such as Fritos Scoops, for serving
- celery/carrot sticks for serving
- In a heavy medium pot, whisk softened cream cheese on low heat until completely smooth. Add Ranch dressing, Sriracha sauce, cheddar cheese, and chunk chicken. Using a fork, whisk mixture on medium-low heat until chicken is finely shredded and mixture is heated through.
- If desired, add more Sriracha to taste.
- When ready to serve, reheat thoroughly and stir well. Transfer warm dip to serving dish, and serve warm with corn chips and vegetable sticks.
Source: Chew Out Loud
I just posted these tasty little Hawaiian Luau Meatballs for great finger-food munching:
No party is complete without the best-ever Chunky Guacamole,: