This hot spinach artichoke dip is mouthwatering, easy to prepare ahead of time, and always a hit at gatherings. This is a must-serve for Game Day, SuperBowl, or anytime you want to bring out a crowd-pleasing dip.
Now is when I appreciate the planner in me. God gave me that gift for good reasons. Now that my injury renders me ineffective in the kitchen, I have a few great recipes already up my sleeve to share with you, just in time for SuperBowl. Or just in time for hungry friends that come calling, small group gatherings, or what not…
This Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip is so easy to prepare. I’ve made it ahead of time for every party, because that’s how I like to do things – ahead of time 🙂 It works like gold. Just make the full recipe earlier in the day, and simply reheat when ready to serve!
Does the fact that this dip is piled mile high with the antioxidants of spinach and the vitamins of artichokes make it a health food? It’s also rich, cheesy, and wonderfully savory.
Game Days aren’t really about being a health nut. But we always get whole grain chips just in case. Add veggie sticks, if you’re so inclined 🙂
This hot spinach artichoke dip can be made ahead of time, is easy to prepare, and tastes awesome! Rich, cheesy, tangy, savory, and full of spinach and artichokes! Perfect with breads, crackers, chips, or veggie sticks!
- 1 bag/box (10 oz) chopped frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed, and drained
- 1 jar (15 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 8 oz regular cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup regular sour cream
- 1/3 cup regular mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (add more if you prefer more spice)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- Be sure chopped spinach is squeeze-dried as much as possible.
- Combine all ingredients (except mozzarella) in a medium sized, heavy pot. Cook on medium and stir frequently, until completely smooth and incorporated.
- You can either:
- Transfer dip to a greased baking dish, and top with mozzarella. Bake at 350F for 20-25 min or just until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm. If making ahead of time, cover and let rest at room temp. Reheat in oven before serving.
- * Alternatively, transfer dip (along with mozzarella) into a small fondue pot or small crock pot and keep warm until ready to serve, stirring every so often. Serve directly in fondue or crock pot.
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from Alton Brown
When it’s appetizer time, there’s nothing as munch-a-licious as these Panko Mozzarella Sticks!
If SuperBowl (or any Game Day gathering) equals CHILI to you, I guarantee this Chunky, Hearty Chili will be a total winner. Guys and girls scoop up huge bowls of this unbeatable chili every time we serve it!
For an easy yet decadent chocolatey dessert to end your party with, try these awesome Triple Chocolate, Chewy Brownies (Truth: They are the BEST):