These Fudge Popsicles are creamy, super chocolatey, and way better than any store bought variety. You just can’t beat homemade flavor. Perfect way to get your chocolate fix and cool off at the same time.
I’ve been wanting to make Fudge Popsicles forever. As a kid, I wasn’t much of a pure chocolate eater (clearly, that’s changed) but I did love popsicles. And Fudgesicles were always met with a big smile and a mad dash to finish it off before it could melt.
Fudge Popsicles are something I happily indulged in even as a grown-up, since they’re seriously chocolatey yet less heavy than something like this.
Every cool bite of this fudgy frozen treat satisfies the chocolate lover in us. It’s a well portioned and contained way of getting just enough of a chocolate fix without guilt. Perfect for those of us who have eaten too many of these.
Plus, making my own fudge popsicles means I personally know all 7 ingredients that went into them…
Just a handful of simple ingredients, none of which are unpronounceable…gotta feel good about that 🙂
On a sweltering hot day, you’ll have to beat the heat and eat these fudgy popsicles up before they melt. Although a deeply chocolatey, fantastically creamy frozen treat that’s slightly melty can be a pretty awesome thing.
In real life, we eat these little yummies up seconds after they’ve been snatched from the freezer. Literally seconds. One-and-two-and-gone.
By the way, my 4th grader is the talented chef who made the fudge popsicles you see here. My kid who’s uncompromisingly all-boy. That one took it upon himself to measure, melt, scoop, stir, and create these pops. Hubby lent a hand with the stovetop part, but nothing else.
That’s how easy and fail proof these decadent fudge popsicles are.
The hardest part is waiting for them to get frozen. Are they frozen yet?Print
This is the quintessential summer fun treat. Fudge popsicles are unbeatable when homemade. These are creamy, supremely chocolatey, and the perfect way to cool off.
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 TB cornstarch
- 3 TB natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 TB butter
- Place chocolate chips in a small glass bowl and microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until chocolate is smoothly melted.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the melted chocolate, sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and milk. Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens, 10 mimutes. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and butter, stirring to incorporate.
- Let mixture cool just until it is warm (not hot) and stir again. Pour into 6 large popsicle molds (or 8 smaller molds.)
- Freeze completely and serve.
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
If you love frozen chocolate treats, here’s a pure and unadulterated creamy chocolate ice cream…YUMMO. Egg Free, too.
Cookies and Cream is just about the creamiest, dreamiest ice cream on the planet…